Use your Diversity, Oppression, and Social Functioning text to read the following:
- Chapter 6, “African Americans: Consequence of Discrimination,” pages 78–88.
- Chapter 8, “A Multi-Diversity Perspective on Latinos: Oppression and Social Functioning,” pages 108–123.
- Chapter 9, “Native Americans: Oppression and Social Work Practice,” pages 126–142.
Use the Capella University Library to read the following:
- Constantine, M. G. (2007). Racial microagressions against African American clients in cross-racial counseling relationships. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 54(1), 1–16.
- Croff, R. L., Rieckmann, T. R., & Spence, J. D. (2014). Provider and state perspectives on implementing cultural-based models of care for American Indian and Alaska native patients with substance use disorders. The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 41(1), 64–79.
- Rangel, D. E., & Valdez, C. R. (2017). A culturally sensitive approach to large-scale prevention studies: A case study of a randomized controlled trial with low-income Latino communities. Journal of Primary Prevention, 38(6), 627–645.
For this Discussion, your fellow learners have created a presentation that contextualizes practice with African Americans, Native Americans, and Latinos. After you view their presentation, use your post to discuss one or more of the following:
- What are the key factors that need to be addressed when working with African American clients? With Native American clients? With Latino clients?
- Are there similarities among these three groups?
- Are there similarities between any of these groups and the groups that you researched?
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. It’s fast and safe.