Who or what regulates the practice of CAM or oversees the care delivered by various CAM practitioners?Read Ch. 1 (through “Health Promotion”) and Ch. 2–5 of Complementary & Alternative Therapies. Omit sections entitled “Integrated Nursing Practice.”
1.1 Define complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine.
1.2 Describe the five domains of therapies.
1.3 Differentiate between the major alternative medical systems.
1.4 Compare major alternative medical systems to allopathic medical care.
1.5 Describe the role of scientific study in CAM.
Read Ch. 1 (through “Health Promotion”) and Ch. 2–5 of Complementary & Alternative Therapies. Omit sections entitled “Integrated Nursing Practice.”
Read the following sections from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) website located at http://nccam.nih.gov/
· “What is CAM?”
· “Clinical Trials and CAM” located under the Research tab
Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Participate in class discussion.
Respond to weekly discussion questions.
Learning Team Instructions
Resource: Learning Team Toolkit
Complete the Learning Team Charter.
CAM Therapeutic Modalities Paper
Resource: NCCAM website located at http://nccam.nih.gov/
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes an overview of CAM and its categories of treatments. The following areas should be addressed:
· Define the terms alternative medicine, complementary medicine, and integrative medicine and clarify how these terms differ.
· Describe how conventional medicine plays a role in these three terms.
· Review the philosophy of CAM and how it relates to or is different from conventional Western medicine.
· Describe the five domains of therapies according the NCCAM website.
· Research and describe one CAM treatment modality within one of the five NCCAM domains and give an example of how such a therapy could be used as an alternative therapy, a complementary therapy, and an integrative therapy for a specific medical condition. Explain how each example meets the definition of alternative, complementary, or integrative therapy and support the rationale for each of your selections.
Note. There should be a total of 3 examples in the completed assignment.
· Include the results of scientific studies, if available, that show a clinical benefit from the examples selected.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Alternative Medical Systems Chart
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Alternative Medical Systems Chart
Complete the Alternative Medical Systems Chart.
Describe or define each system, delineate the key principles underlying the system, list several treatment types included in the system, and briefly describe how this system differs from conventional Western medicine.
The post Who or what regulates the practice of CAM or oversees the care delivered by various CAM practitioners?Read Ch. 1 (through “Health Promotion”) and Ch. 2–5 of Complementary & Alternative Therapies. Omit sections entitled “Integrated Nursing Practice.” appeared first on cheap nursing papers.
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers, dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. Its fast and safe.