What type of measurement can be used to measure the following variables: age in years, pain scale score, and blood type?
Age in years: _________________ [ONE POINT]
Income level [low, medium, high]: ____________________________ [ONE POINT]
Blood Type: ______________________ [ONE POINT]
Temperature: ________________________ [ONE POINT]
2. What type of statistics (mention all possible statistics) can be used to describe the variables: age in years, pain scale score, and blood type?
Age in Years: _________________ [ONE POINT]
Pain Scale Score: ____________________________[ONE POINT]
Blood Type: ______________________[ONE POINT]
3. What is Type II error? Give example [TWO POINTS]
4. Does a set of scores with most of its values above the mean have a negatively or positively skewed distribution? Provide a rationale for your answer. [ONE POINT]
5. t-statistics = -4.5 and p-value=0.04 describe the difference between women and men for mental health score.
5a. if alpha is set to 0.05, is the p-value of 0.04 statistically significant? [ONE POINT]
5b. in a sentence, interpret the p value of 0.04. Provide a rationale for your answer [ONE POINT]
6. What is a Type I error? Give example [TWO POINTS]
7. The following list represents the number of nursing students enrolled in a particular nursing program between the years of 2001 and 2007, respectively: 510, 564, 621, 540, 510, 610, 510. Determine the mean, median, and mode of the number of the nursing students enrolled in the above program between 2001 and 2007. Show your calculations. [THREE POINTS]
8. A study found that the correlation r value for the relationship between serum level of triglyceride and the length of stay in the hospital is 0.63 and p-value was 0.03.
8a. Interpret the r value of 0.63 [strength and direction] and provide a rationale for your answer. [ONE POINT]
8b. If alpha is set to be 0.05, is this r value of 0.63 and p-value of 0.03 statistically significant? [ONE POINT]
9. What is the statistical test (procedure) that is used to determine whether a significant difference exists between three or more group means? [ONE POINT]
C) Correlation coefficient
D) Mann Whitney U test
10. What type of hypothesis is represented by the statement women who smoke are as likely to have low-birth-weight babies as women who do not? [ONE POINT]
A) Alternative hypothesis
D) Null hypothesis
The post What type of measurement can be used to measure the following variables: age in years, pain scale score, and blood type? appeared first on cheap nursing papers.
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers, dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. Its fast and safe.