I don’t understand this Science question and need help to study.
Length: ~800 words (1.5 spacing)
The issue of medical assistance in dying (MAID, aka physician-assisted dying) has been in the news in Canada for decades, culminating in the passing into law of Bill C-14 in June 2016. For this assignment you will read up on the issue and relevant parliamentary decisions, and write a position paper explaining what MAID is and giving your own opinion on where you stand on the assisted-end-of-life question.
Procedure: 1. Research: Educate yourself on the background and issues surrounding the debate and the current legal status of Medical Assistance in Dying in Canada and Nova Scotia. A good place to start is Dalhousie’s Health Law Institute’s website for End-of-Life Law & Policy in Canada: http://eol.law.dal.ca/?page_id=236 . You may also look up news stories by professional journalists on quality Canadian news websites such as the Globe and Mail, CBC News, Maclean’s, National Post, etc. Your sources don’t have to be “academic” ones, but avoid popular news sites like MSN, CNN, Huffington Post, etc.
2. (Part 1) Write a short summary of what the legal situation is today in Canada concerning end-of-life assistance, and the eligibility criteria for having a medically assisted death.
3. (Part 2) Write an explanation of some of the positions/views both for and against doctorassisted death. What are some of the ethical issues for society of this bill? Why did the Government of Canada invite Canadians to participate in an online public survey on MAID in January 2020?
4. (Part 3) Think through your own thoughts and opinions on where you stand on the issue and why. Do you agree with it? Why or why not? Do you think the bill goes too far, or not far enough? Why? Write this up.
5. Include a bibliography of sources used, and use in-text citations or footnotes throughout. You may use either MLA or APA format.
Marks will be given based on evidence that you can clearly:
• Explain, in your own words, what the issue is, its background and current legal status in Canada, based on your own research of quality sources (Part 1) 5 marks
• Explain both the ‘for’ and ‘against’ positions and the ethical and societal implications of the issue (Part 2) 6 marks
• Articulate your own views on the topic, explaining the reasons for your opinions (Part 3) 6 marks
• Write a well-structured paper without spelling or grammatical errors, and with properly formatted in-text citations or footnotes, plus bibliography 3 marks
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Assignist.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.