I’m working on a Literature question and need guidance to help me study.
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein
Directions: Create a word processing document titled “Frankenstein Assignment 1.” For each question that follows, compose a short essay response (250 to 400 words). Be sure to provide a clear thesis statement that does not just restate the question. Support your thesis with specific evidence from the text. Clearly number your responses and copy the question and place your essay response under it. To earn full credit, each response must meet the following requirements:
- Writing is free of spelling or word use errors.
- Writing is free of run-on sentences or sentence fragments.
- All punctuation is used appropriately.
- All proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences are capitalized appropriately.
- All other standard English grammar, punctuation, and spelling are followed.
- Sentences vary in structure between simple, complex, compound, and complex-compound structures.
- Fully developed paragraphs have a minimum of four – five sentences each.
Letters One through Four
- Why do you think Robert Walton is so eager to visit such a hostile environment?
- Discuss the similarities between Robert Walton and Victor Frankenstein, the man Walton rescues. Why does Walton feel such compassion for Victor, a total stranger?
- Why is Walton so impressed with his shipmaster’s actions regarding his fiancee?
- What Romantic concepts do the characters of Victor and Walton illustrate?
Chapters One and Two
- Victor is deeply affected by Caroline’s death. Discuss Victor’s reaction to his mother’s death and the influence it has on his scientific studies.
- Discuss Victor’s friendship with Henry Clerval and compare it to his father’s relationship with Beaufort.
- What is “modern science” as explained by M. Waldman, and how does it differ from the theroies of Agrippa and the other scientists Victor studies?
Chapters Three, Four, and Five
- Why do you think Victor created such a horrible-looking creature? Did he realize what he was doing? Explain your answer.
- What are some of the characteristics of the Gothic novel and how does Mary Shelley use them in these chapters.
- Victor tells us that his friend Clerval’s imagination was “too vivid for the minutiae of science.” What does he mean by this?
Chapters Six and Seven
- After Justine is accused of William’s murder, why do you think Victor never tells anyone about the creature?
- Explain why Justine confesses to the crime even though she is innocent.
- Discuss Victor’s experience with lightning and Shelley’s use of it when Victor sees the Creature.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Assignist.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.