Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the following sections of Chapter 1: The Goals and Activities in the Foundations of Financial Management textbook:
- Risk Management and a Review of the Financial Crisis
- Corporate Governance
- Goals of Financial Management
In addition, read the articles listed here:
- What is the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform ActLinks to an external site.
- What the Dodd-Frank Act Did (and How It’s Changed)Links to an external site.
- The Dodd-Frank Act ExplainedLinks to an external site.
- Sarbanes-Oxley SummaryLinks to an external site.
Ethical behavior can be viewed at a personal level, as well as a corporate level. In business, personal ethics is often tied to the agency theory and at the corporate level tied to corporate social responsibility.
For this discussion forum,
- First, identify one real-life example of personal ethics and one real-life example of corporate social responsibility in the financial field from the last five years (no Enron or WorldCom examples, as these are too old). The example can be positive or negative. Note: When possible, select a different example than those already posted by a fellow classmate.
- Next, explain each ethical example and what might have been done differently, as well as what you learned from the example.
- Finally, select one financial business regulation (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, etc.) and debate how it does or does not promote ethical behavior. Be sure to be specific when describing the regulation. What are other ways to ensure strong ethical business decisions?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Support your response with at least one scholarly or credible resource in addition to the text.
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. It’s fast and safe.