Develop a plan of nursing care for the person with an acute illness, identifying areas for collaboration with the family and other health disciplines.
Due Date: Tuesday, 8th May, 2018 by 1700 hrs
The aim of this assignment is for students to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical
knowledge to plan effective evidence-based, person-centred care for a client with an acute
medical or surgical condition, as part of the role of the Registered Nurse.
This assignment addresses the following learning outcomes:
1. Develop a plan of nursing care for the person with an acute illness, identifying areas for
collaboration with the family and other health disciplines;
2. Demonstrate reflective, evidence-based nursing practices for clients with acute
medical/surgical conditions in a range of clinical settings, which is consistent with NMBA
3. Demonstrate the principles of reflective practice;
For this task you need to write a 1500 word essay in which you discuss the assessment of a
post-operative client (Mrs Grace Potter; see below) and develop a comprehensive care plan
to address the nursing care priorities including ONE priority which is EITHER Postoperative
wound infection OR Post-operative deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
You MUST include the following information in your essay:
Introduction (approximately 100 words)
Introduction should contextualise and identify the aim of the assignment.
Body (approximately 1300 words)
1. Discuss the risk factors and pathophysiology of the chosen health concern for Mrs
Potter. (100 words)
2. List and discuss four (4) components of an initial post-operative assessment you (RN)
would undertake for Mrs Potter. Provide a rationale for each assessment relating to
Mrs Potter’s conditions and justify with evidence-based literature. (300 words)
3. Identify TWO (2) priorities of nursing care to meet Mrs Potter’s needs identified in
your initial post-op assessment. Also provide a rationale for why these are a priority.
One nursing care priority to be discussed must be DVT OR post-operative wound
infection prevention. (50 words each priority)
4. Provide a comprehensive care plan to address the identified TWO (2) nursing care
priorities. Use evidence-based literature to justify why each intervention is likely to
be appropriate for Mrs Potter. (750 words)
5. Use Gibb’s Reflective Cycle as a framework to demonstrate how you would reflect on
the process of managing the chosen post-op potential health concern and what you
have learnt from designing the plan. This section can be written in first person. (100
Conclusion (approximately 100 words)
The conclusion should give a brief summary of the main points of the essay. [Approx. 100
● You must support all sections of your essay with scholarly literature from the past 10
Please ensure that your submitted assignment:
1. Includes an Assignment Title Page as per the Griffith Health Writing & Referencing
2. Is correctly formatted as per the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing formatting
guidelines (e.g. spacing, page number, etc.), AND includes a correctly formatted
reference list according to APA 6th edition. You do not need to include the marking
criteria with your submission.
3. Is assembled into one document. Format file is to be MS Word only (.doc) or (.docx).
4. Has uploaded successfully into the Submission Inbox. Retain a copy of the digital receipt
for the final assignment submission.
5. Is submitted online via the relevant campus specific Turnitin submission point on the
course site under the Assessment tab.
* For more help with Turnitin Assignment submissions go to: Turnitin
Mrs Grace Potter is a 67- year old woman who pre
The post Develop a plan of nursing care for the person with an acute illness, identifying areas for collaboration with the family and other health disciplines. appeared first on cheap nursing papers.
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers, dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. Its fast and safe.