ASSIGNMENT — MINI PROJECTS
1. BELT DRIVES: A 2-hp electric motor running at 1720 rpm is to drive a blower at a speed of 240 rpm. Select a V-belt drive for this application and specify standard V belts, sheave sizes, and the resulting center distance. The motor limits the center distance to at least 22 in.
2. CHAIN DRIVES: A roller chain is to transmit 90-hp from a 17-tooth sprocket to a 34-tooth sprocket at a speed of 300 rpm. The load characteristics are moderate shock with abnormal service conditions (poor lubrication, cold temperature, and dirty surroundings). The equipment is to run 18 h/day. Specify the length and size of chain for a center distance of about 25 pitches.
3. SPRING: Design a helical compression spring for a static load of 400 N at a deflection of 45 mm with a safety factor of 2.5. Use C=8. Specify all necessary parameters to manufacture the spring. State and justify all assumptions.
4. GEAR: Design a spur gear set transmitting 5-hp with a pinion speed of 1600 rpm and a speed ration of 3.5 for use in a propeller gear box. The center distance should be no more than 18 in. Provide justification for your decisions.
5. BEARING: A bearing is to carry a radial load of 2875 lb and a thrust load of 1350 lb at a shaft speed of 600 rpm. Assume a design life of 15, 000 hours and a bore diameter of 2.5 in. The reports should be done professionally and typed with well-illustrated drawing using Creo or ACAD.
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, assignist.com has paper writers, dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. Its fast and safe.