I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
Analyzing a Story
The student will use his/her critical thinking skills to explore and analyze Melcome X’s “Conk”.
Download the story. After reading Conk, the student will answer different questions in which different thinking skills must be used (45 points).
Answer the following questions about Conk:
- Identify the cause in the following statement: They needed a wooden spoon for a metal one would turn black with the lye. (2 points)
- Identify the effect in the following statement: The jar felt hot because it had lye in it. (2 points)
- What was the effect of leaving the congolone the most one could stand? (2 points)
- What do you infer is the meaning of congolene? (2 points)
- What do you infer is a conk? (2 points)
- What does the term White-wigged mean? (2 points).
- Is the narrator a static or a dynamic character? Explain in 3 sentences at least. (5 points)
- What trait is the best to describe Shorty? (Explain in 3-5 sentences) (5 points).
- What does the narrator mean by: “This was my first really big step toward self-degradation? (Explain in 3-5 sentences). (5 points)
- Is the title literal or symbolic? Answer in 3 sentences least. (3 points)
- What is the passage message? You must answer in a complete sentence. (2 points).
- What does the narrator feel about African-American (Negros) who conk their hair? (3 sentences at least) (3 points).
- What is the author’s purpose? Answer in 2-3 sentences. (3 points)
- How did the narrator feel about his first conk? (2 points).
- This is based on a real story; do you think the topic is pertinent today? Justify your answer in a 3-5 sentence paragraph. (5 points)
The activity is individual. The work must be delivered on time, without spelling or grammar mistakes. The works will be submitted to the tool to detect similarity of content (now Urkund). Submit the answers in a Word document, Times New Roman, size 12. You must include references in APA format, three years or less.
Abcarian, R. Klotz, M., & Cohen, S. (2018). Literature: The human experience. Reading and Writing (12th ed.). Boston. MA: Bedford.
Cleaver, S. (2018). Going Beyond PIE: 5 Ways to Teach Students How to Find the Author’s purpose. Hearst Newspaper. Retrieved from https://www.weareteachers.com/going-beyond-pie-5-ways-to-teach-students-how-to-find-the-authors-purpose/ (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)
McCarson, D. (2018). Comprehension Skills that Require Critical Thinking. Hearst Newspaper. Retrieved from https://education.seattlepi.com/comprehension-skills-require-critical-thinking-3878.html (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Assignist.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.